Careers at Statewide Hydraulics
For over 20 years, the Statewide Hydraulics team has been dedicated to providing comprehensive hydraulic services that include product recommendations, power unit design and manufacturing, valve and control solutions, and hydraulic hose and cylinder repairs. We’re regularly looking to expand our team to service our growing client base.
Current Postions Available
Fitter, Service Technician
- Thomastown, Melbourne VIC
- Fitters, Turners & Machinists (Trades & Services)
- Full time
This is a small family operated business, and prides themselves on quality solutions. We have been operating for the last 3 decades. We are currently recruiting a Maintenance/ Service Fitter to join the operation in an ongoing temp to perm full time employment basis.
Qualifications & experience
- You would most probably be a fully qualified mechanical trades person, (Mechanical Fitter or alternative) or Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar industry
- You may have further training in Fluid Power (hydraulic or pneumatic systems)
- MR truck license is desirable but not essential.
- Has average welding skills.
- Can operate basic workshop machining , lathe , mill etc.
- Restricted electrical license (disconnect/reconnect) desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent customer service skills
Tasks & responsibilities
- Repairing and assembling of hydraulic components, systems, and equipment. Installation onto machinery and seeing projects through to completion.
- You will be responsible for your own work to ensure that when delivered it had been properly installed and tested.
- The work will include; Hydraulic cylinder repair and refit onto machinery. Manufacture and installation of hydraulic power units and controls. Installation and commissioning truck mounted hydraulic systems. Trouble shooting and diagnosis of hydraulic systems.
- You will be responsible for keeping your work area neat and clean at all times.
- Manufacture and installation of hydraulic hoses.
- This work will be site and workshop based.
- You would preferably have had some trouble shooting experience in past roles, not necessarily hydraulic, but preferably.
- Have strong work ethics and dedicated to paying attention to details.
- Have a pro active attitude towards jobs and clientele.
- Pay attention to OHS procedures, methods and requirements.
- High level of attention to detail & quality workmanship
- Secure full time role for the right person. (We are looking for a Temp to permanent employment arrangement)
- Opportunity to learn and grow your knowledge and skills working with hydraulic systems
- Regular over time.
- A large variety of work from various industry’s, manufacturing, construction, mining, food production.
We expect that you would reside within easy travelling distance to the Northern suburbs of Melbourne.
19 Tuscan Ct, Thomastown VIC 3074
03 9460 2377
7:30am – 4pm